Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. t.
) To restrain within certain limits; to bound; to confine; to restrain; to restrict to a scant allowance.
2. (n.) Any one of several species of small sandpipers, as the sanderling of Europe and America, the dunlin, the little stint of India (Tringa minuta), etc. Called also pume.
3. (n.) A phalarope.
4. (v. t.) To put an end to; to stop.
5. (v. t.) To assign a certain (i. e., limited) task to (a person), upon the performance of which one is excused from further labor for the day or for a certain time; to stent.
6. (v. t.) To serve successfully; to get with foal; -- said of mares.
7. (v. i.) To stop; to cease.
8. (v. t.) Limit; bound; restraint; extent.
9. (v. t.) Quantity or task assigned; proportion allotted.