Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. i.
) To burn with an unsteady or waving flame; as, the candle flares.
2. (v. i.) To shine out with a sudden and unsteady light; to emit a dazzling or painfully bright light.
3. (v. i.) To shine out with gaudy colors; to flaunt; to be offensively bright or showy.
4. (v. i.) To be exposed to too much light.
5. (v. i.) To open or spread outwards; to project beyond the perpendicular; as, the sides of a bowl flare; the bows of a ship flare.
6. (n.) An unsteady, broad, offensive light.
7. (n.) A spreading outward; as, the flare of a fireplace.
8. (n.) Leaf of lard.
Strong's Hebrew7957. shalhebeth -- flame...
flaming flame. From the same as lahab with sibilant prefix; a flare
of fire --
(flaming) flame. see HEBREW lahab. << 7956, 7957. shalhebeth. 7958 >>. ... /hebrew/7957.htm - 6k