Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) A sip or small draught; esp., a draught of intoxicating liquor; a dram.
2. (v. t.) To catch and enclose or compress tightly between two surfaces, or points which are brought together or closed; to pinch; to close in upon.
3. (v. t.) To remove by pinching, biting, or cutting with two meeting edges of anything; to clip.
4. (v. t.) Hence: To blast, as by frost; to check the growth or vigor of; to destroy.
5. (v. t.) To vex or pain, as by nipping; hence, to taunt.
6. (n.) A seizing or closing in upon; a pinching; as, in the northern seas, the nip of masses of ice.
7. (n.) A pinch with the nails or teeth.
8. (n.) A small cut, or a cutting off the end.
9. (n.) A blast; a killing of the ends of plants by frost.
10. (n.) A biting sarcasm; a taunt.
11. (n.) A short turn in a rope.
Strong's Hebrew4454. malaq -- to nip, nip off...
<< 4453, 4454. malaq. 4455 >>. to nip
off. Transliteration: malaq Phonetic
Spelling: (maw-lak') Short Definition: nip
. Word Origin a prim. ... /hebrew/4454.htm - 6k
7169. qarats -- to nip, pinch
... << 7168, 7169. qarats. 7170 >>. to nip, pinch. Transliteration: qarats Phonetic
Spelling: (kaw-rats') Short Definition: winks. Word Origin a prim. ...
/hebrew/7169.htm - 6k