Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) Extended in the same direction, and in all parts equally distant; as, parallel lines; parallel tracks.
2. (a.) Having the same direction or tendency; running side by side; being in accordance (with); tending to the same result; -- used with to and with.
3. (a.) Continuing a resemblance through many particulars; applicable in all essential parts; like; similar; as, a parallel case; a parallel passage.
4. (n.) A line which, throughout its whole extent, is equidistant from another line; a parallel line, a parallel plane, etc.
5. (n.) Direction conformable to that of another line,
6. (n.) Conformity continued through many particulars or in all essential points; resemblance; similarity.
7. (n.) A comparison made; elaborate tracing of similarity; as, Johnson's parallel between Dryden and Pope.
8. (n.) Anything equal to, or resembling, another in all essential particulars; a counterpart.
9. (n.) One of the imaginary circles on the surface of the earth, parallel to the equator, marking the latitude; also, the corresponding line on a globe or map.
10. (n.) One of a series of long trenches constructed before a besieged fortress, by the besieging force, as a cover for troops supporting the attacking batteries. They are roughly parallel to the line of outer defenses of the fortress.
11. (n.) A character consisting of two parallel vertical lines (thus,) used in the text to direct attention to a similarly marked note in the margin or at the foot of a page.
12. (v. t.) To place or set so as to be parallel; to place so as to be parallel to, or to conform in direction with, something else.
13. (v. t.) Fig.: To make to conform to something else in character, motive, aim, or the like.
14. (v. t.) To equal; to match; to correspond to.
15. (v. t.) To produce or adduce as a parallel.
16. (v. i.) To be parallel; to correspond; to be like.
Strong's Hebrew3600. kir -- cooking furnace...
a cooking range. A form for kuwr (only in the dual); a cooking range (consisting
of two parallel
stones, across which the boiler is set): see HEBREW kuwr. ... /hebrew/3600.htm - 6k
5980. ummah -- close by, side by side with
... beside (3), close (5), close beside (2), close* (1), comparable (1), corresponded
(1), corresponding (3), exactly (1), just (1), like (1), parallel (1), side (1 ...
/hebrew/5980.htm - 6k
7298. rahat -- a trough
... From an unused root apparently meaning to hollow out; a channel or watering-box;
by resemblance a ringlet of hair (as forming parallel lines) -- gallery, gutter ...
/hebrew/7298.htm - 5k
4915. moshel -- dominion
... dominion, like ('ab) from mashal; empire; ('ab) from mashal; a parallel -- dominion,
like. see HEBREW 'ab. see HEBREW mashal. see HEBREW 'ab. see HEBREW mashal. ...
/hebrew/4915.htm - 5k