Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) First in order of time; original; primeval; primitive; primary.
2. (a.) First in rank, degree, dignity, authority, or importance; as, prime minister.
3. (a.) First in excellence; of highest quality; as, prime wheat; a prime quality of cloth.
4. (a.) Early; blooming; being in the first stage.
5. (a.) Lecherous; lustful; lewd.
6. (a.) Marked or distinguished by a mark (') called a prime mark.
7. (n.) The first part; the earliest stage; the beginning or opening, as of the day, the year, etc.; hence, the dawn; the spring.
8. (n.) The spring of life; youth; hence, full health, strength, or beauty; perfection.
9. (n.) That which is first in quantity; the most excellent portion; the best part.
10. (n.) The morning; specifically (R. C. Ch.), the first canonical hour, succeeding to lauds.
11. (n.) The first of the chief guards.
12. (a.) Any number expressing the combining weight or equivalent of any particular element; -- so called because these numbers were respectively reduced to their lowest relative terms on the fixed standard of hydrogen as 1.
13. (n.) A prime number. See under Prime, a.
14. (n.) An inch, as composed of twelve seconds in the duodecimal system; -- denoted by [']. See 2d Inch, n., 1.
15. (v.) To apply priming to, as a musket or a cannon; to apply a primer to, as a metallic cartridge.
16. (v.) To lay the first color, coating, or preparation upon (a surface), as in painting; as, to prime a canvas, a wall.
17. (v.) To prepare; to make ready; to instruct beforehand; to post; to coach; as, to prime a witness; the boys are primed for mischief.
18. (v.) To trim or prune, as trees.
19. (v.) To mark with a prime mark.
20. (v. i.) To be renewed, or as at first.
21. (v. i.) To serve as priming for the charge of a gun.
22. (v. i.) To work so that foaming occurs from too violent ebullition, which causes water to become mixed with, and be carried along with, the steam that is formed; -- said of a steam boiler.
Strong's Hebrew7839. shacharuth -- blackness...
Word Origin from shachar Definition blackness NASB Word Usage prime
of life (1).
youth. From shachar; a dawning, ie (figuratively) juvenescence -- youth. ... /hebrew/7839.htm - 6k
2779. choreph -- harvest time, autumn
... Word Origin from an unused word Definition harvest time, autumn NASB Word Usage
autumn (1), prime (1), winter (5). cold, winter house, youth. ...
/hebrew/2779.htm - 6k
376. ish -- man
... men* (1), no* (1), none* (10), one (89), one of men (1), one's (1), oppressor*
(1), ordinary (1), own (1), people (3), person (5), persons (2), prime (1), rank ...
/hebrew/376.htm - 7k