International Standard Bible EncyclopediaCRIB
('ebhuc): "Crib" translates the Hebrew word ['ebhuc] exactly, as it denotes "a barred receptacle for fodder used in cowsheds and foldyards; also in fields, for beasts lying out in the winter." The Hebrew is from a word meaning to feed ('abhac), and is used in the precise sense of the English word in Job 39:9 of the "crib" of the wild ox, in Proverbs 14:4, "Where no oxen are, the crib is clean," and in Isaiah 1:3, "The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib." section 23.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) A manger or rack; a feeding place for animals.
2. (n.) A stall for oxen or other cattle.
3. (n.) A small enclosed bedstead or cot for a child.
4. (n.) A box or bin, or similar wooden structure, for storing grain, salt, etc.; as, a crib for corn or oats.
5. (n.) A hovel; a hut; a cottage.
6. (n.) A structure or frame of timber for a foundation, or for supporting a roof, or for lining a shaft.
7. (n.) A structure of logs to be anchored with stones; -- used for docks, pier, dams, etc.
8. (n.) A small raft of timber.
9. (n.) A small theft; anything purloined; a plagiaris; hence, a translation or key, etc., to aid a student in preparing or reciting his lessons.
10. (n.) A miner's luncheon.
11. (n.) The discarded cards which the dealer can use in scoring points in cribbage.
12. (v. t.) To shut up or confine in a narrow habitation; to cage; to cramp.
13. (v. t.) To pilfer or purloin; hence, to steal from an author; to appropriate; to plagiarize; as, to crib a line from Milton.
14. (v. i.) To crowd together, or to be confined, as in a crib or in narrow accommodations.
15. (v. i.) To make notes for dishonest use in recitation or examination.
16. (v. i.) To seize the manger or other solid object with the teeth and draw in wind; -- said of a horse.
Strong's Hebrew18. ebus -- a crib, feeding trough...
ebus. 19 >>. a crib
, feeding trough. Transliteration: ebus Phonetic Spelling:
(ay-booce') Short Definition: manger. ... crib
. From 'abac; a manger or stall -- crib
. ... /hebrew/18.htm - 6k
723a. urvah -- a manger, crib
... << 723, 723a. urvah. 723b >>. a manger, crib. Transliteration: urvah Short
Definition: stalls. Word Origin from arah, see uryah Definition ...
/hebrew/723a.htm - 5k
723. urvah -- a manger, crib
... << 722, 723. urvah. 723a >>. a manger, crib. Transliteration: urvah Phonetic
Spelling: (oor-vaw') Short Definition: stall. stall Or rarayah ...
/hebrew/723.htm - 5k