Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. i.
) To be alive; to have life; to have, as an animal or a plant, the capacity of assimilating matter as food, and to be dependent on such assimilation for a continuance of existence; as, animals and plants that live to a great age are long in reaching maturity.
2. (v. i.) To pass one's time; to pass life or time in a certain manner, as to habits, conduct, or circumstances; as, to live in ease or affluence; to live happily or usefully.
3. (v. i.) To make one's abiding place or home; to abide; to dwell; to reside.
4. (v. i.) To be or continue in existence; to exist; to remain; to be permanent; to last; -- said of inanimate objects, ideas, etc.
5. (v. i.) To enjoy or make the most of life; to be in a state of happiness.
6. (v. i.) To feed; to subsist; to be nourished or supported; -- with on; as, horses live on grass and grain.
7. (v. i.) To have a spiritual existence; to be quickened, nourished, and actuated by divine influence or faith.
8. (v. i.) To be maintained in life; to acquire a livelihood; to subsist; -- with on or by; as, to live on spoils.
9. (v. i.) To outlast danger; to float; -- said of a ship, boat, etc.; as, no ship could live in such a storm.
10. (v. t.) To spend, as one's life; to pass; to maintain; to continue in, constantly or habitually; as, to live an idle or a useful life.
11. (v. t.) To act habitually in conformity with; to practice.
12. (a.) Having life; alive; living; not dead.
13. (a.) Being in a state of ignition; burning; having active properties; as, a live coal; live embers.
14. (a.) Full of earnestness; active; wide awake; glowing; as, a live man, or orator.
15. (a.) Vivid; bright.
16. (a.) Imparting power; having motion; as, the live spindle of a lathe.
17. (n.) Life.
Strong's Hebrew2418. chaya -- to live...
<< 2417, 2418. chaya. 2419 >>. to live
. Transliteration: chaya Phonetic Spelling:
(khah-yaw') Short Definition: live
. Word Origin (Aramaic ... /hebrew/2418.htm - 6k
2421a. chayah -- to live
... << 2421, 2421a. chayah. 2421b >>. to live. Transliteration: chayah Short
Definition: live. Word Origin a prim. root Definition to live ...
/hebrew/2421a.htm - 6k
2425. chayay -- live, save life
... << 2424, 2425. chayay. 2425a >>. live, save life. Transliteration: chayay Phonetic
Spelling: (khaw-yah'-ee) Short Definition: live. live, save life ...
/hebrew/2425.htm - 5k
2421. chayah -- to live
... << 2420, 2421. chayah. 2421a >>. to live. Transliteration: chayah Phonetic Spelling:
(khaw-yaw') Short Definition: leave. keep leave, make ...
/hebrew/2421.htm - 6k
3171. Yechiel -- "may God live," the name of a number of Isr.
... Yechiel or Yechavel. 3172 >>. "may God live," the name of a number of Isr. ... Word Origin
from chayah and el Definition "may God live," the name of a number of Isr. ...
/hebrew/3171.htm - 6k
3174. Yechiyyah -- "may Yah live," an Israelite
... << 3173, 3174. Yechiyyah. 3175 >>. "may Yah live," an Israelite. Transliteration:
Yechiyyah Phonetic Spelling: (yekh-ee-yaw') Short Definition: Jehiah. ...
/hebrew/3174.htm - 6k
2425a. chayay -- live, save life
... << 2425, 2425a. chayay. 2425b >>. live, save life. Transliteration: chayay Short
Definition: live. Word Origin the same as chay, qv. << 2425, 2425a. chayay. 2425b ...
/hebrew/2425a.htm - 5k
3117. yom -- day
... forevermore* (1), full (5), full year (1), future* (1), holiday* (3), later* (2),
length (1), life (12), life* (1), lifetime (2), lifetime* (1), live (1), long ...
/hebrew/3117.htm - 7k
2673. chatsah -- to divide
... Word Origin a prim. root Definition to divide NASB Word Usage divide (4), divided
(7), live out half (1), parceled (1), reaches (1), separated (1). ...
/hebrew/2673.htm - 6k
2425b. chayyim -- life
... Word Origin from chayah Definition life NASB Word Usage alive (1), life (124),
life-giving (1), lifetime (4), live (5), live* (1), lived (2), lived* (1), lives ...
/hebrew/2425b.htm - 5k