Hitchcock's Bible NamesNod
Smith's Bible DictionaryNod
(flight), the land to which Cain fled after the murder of Abel. [CAIN]
ATS Bible DictionaryNod
Wandering, a region east of Eden so named on account of wanderings in it of the exiled Cain, Genesis 4:16.
International Standard Bible EncyclopediaNOD
nod (nodh): The land of Eden, to which Cain migrated after the murder of his brother and his banishment by Yahweh (Genesis 4:16). Conjecture is useless as to the region intended. The ideas of China, India, etc., which some have entertained, are groundless. The territory was evidently at some distance, but where is now undiscoverable.
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Exile; wandering; unrest, a name given to the country to which Cain fled (Genesis 4:16
). It lay on the east of Eden.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. i.
) To bend or incline the upper part, with a quick motion; as, nodding plumes.
2. (v. i.) To incline the head with a quick motion; to make a slight bow; to make a motion of assent, of salutation, or of drowsiness, with the head; as, to nod at one.
3. (v. i.) To be drowsy or dull; to be careless.
4. (v. t.) To incline or bend, as the head or top; to make a motion of assent, of salutation, or of drowsiness with; as, to nod the head.
5. (v. t.) To signify by a nod; as, to nod approbation.
6. (v. t.) To cause to bend.
7. (n.) A dropping or bending forward of the upper part or top of anything.
8. (n.) A quick or slight downward or forward motion of the head, in assent, in familiar salutation, in drowsiness, or in giving a signal, or a command.
Strong's Hebrew5113. Nod -- a region into which Cain wandered...
<< 5112, 5113. Nod
. 5114 >>. a region into which Cain wandered. Transliteration: Nod
Phonetic Spelling: (node) Short Definition: Nod
. ... /hebrew/5113.htm - 6k
5112. nod -- wandering (of aimless fugitive)
nod or nod. << 5111, 5112. nod or nod. 5113 >>. wandering (of aimless fugitive).
Transliteration: nod or nod Phonetic Spelling: (node ...
/hebrew/5112.htm - 6k
4997. nod -- a skin bottle, skin
nod or nod or nodah. << 4996, 4997. nod or nod or nodah. 4998 >>. a skin
bottle, skin. Transliteration: nod or nod or nodah Phonetic ...
/hebrew/4997.htm - 6k
5110. nud -- to move to and fro, wander, flutter, show grief
... A primitive root; to nod, ie Waver; figuratively, to wander, flee, disappear; also
(from shaking the head in sympathy), to console, deplore, or (from tossing ...
/hebrew/5110.htm - 6k