Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) To make sharp.
2. (v.) To give a keen edge or fine point to; to make sharper; as, to sharpen an ax, or the teeth of a saw.
3. (v.) To render more quick or acute in perception; to make more ready or ingenious.
4. (v.) To make more eager; as, to sharpen men's desires.
5. (v.) To make more pungent and intense; as, to sharpen a pain or disease.
6. (v.) To make biting, sarcastic, or severe.
7. (v.) To render more shrill or piercing.
8. (v.) To make more tart or acid; to make sour; as, the rays of the sun sharpen vinegar.
9. (v.) To raise, as a sound, by means of a sharp; to apply a sharp to.
10. (v. i.) To grow or become sharp.
Strong's Hebrew3913. latash -- to hammer, sharpen, whet...
<< 3912, 3913. latash. 3914 >>. to hammer, sharpen
, whet. Transliteration: latash
Phonetic Spelling: (law-tash') Short Definition: sharpen
. Word Origin a prim. ... /hebrew/3913.htm - 6k
8150. shanan -- to whet, sharpen
... shanan. 8151 >>. to whet, sharpen. Transliteration: shanan Phonetic Spelling:
(shaw-nan') Short Definition: sharp. ... prick, sharpen, teach diligently, whet. ...
/hebrew/8150.htm - 6k
2782. charats -- to cut, sharpen, decide
... << 2781, 2782. charats. 2783 >>. to cut, sharpen, decide. Transliteration: charats
Phonetic Spelling: (khaw-rats') Short Definition: decreed. Word Origin a prim ...
/hebrew/2782.htm - 6k
2300. chadad -- to be sharp, keen
... be fierce, sharpen. A primitive root; to be (causatively, make) sharp or (figuratively)
severe -- be fierce, sharpen. << 2299, 2300. chadad. 2301 >>. ...
/hebrew/2300.htm - 6k
7043. qalal -- to be slight, swift or trifling
... easy (2), insignificant (1), light a thing (1), lighten (5), lightly esteemed (2),
make it lighter (2), moved to and fro (1), shakes (1), sharpen (1), slight ...
/hebrew/7043.htm - 6k
5324. natsab -- to take one's stand, stand
... deputy, erect, establish, X Huzzah (by mistake for a proper name), lay, officer,
pillar, present, rear up, set (over, up), settle, sharpen, establish, (make to ...
/hebrew/5324.htm - 6k
4838. maraq -- to scour, polish
... bright, furbish, scour. A primitive root; to polish; by implication, to sharpen;
also to rinse -- bright, furbish, scour. << 4837, 4838. maraq. 4839 >>. ...
/hebrew/4838.htm - 6k
1305. barar -- to purify, select
... select NASB Word Usage choice (2), chosen (2), cleanse (1), pure you show (2), purge
(2), purged (1), purified (1), purify (1), select (1), sharpen (1), show ...
/hebrew/1305.htm - 6k
4803. marat -- to make smooth, bare or bald, to scour, polish
... A primitive root; to polish; by implication, to make bald (the head), to gall (the
shoulder); also, to sharpen -- bright, furbish, (have his) hair (be) fallen ...
/hebrew/4803.htm - 6k