Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) A thin, broad piece cut off; as, a slice of bacon; a slice of cheese; a slice of bread.
2. (v. t.) That which is thin and broad, like a slice.
3. (n.) A broad, thin piece of plaster.
4. (n.) A salver, platter, or tray.
5. (n.) A knife with a thin, broad blade for taking up or serving fish; also, a spatula for spreading anything, as paint or ink.
6. (n.) A plate of iron with a handle, forming a kind of chisel, or a spadelike implement, variously proportioned, and used for various purposes, as for stripping the planking from a vessel's side, for cutting blubber from a whale, or for stirring a fire of coals; a slice bar; a peel; a fire shovel.
7. (n.) One of the wedges by which the cradle and the ship are lifted clear of the building blocks to prepare for launching.
8. (n.) A removable sliding bottom to galley.
9. (v. t.) To cut into thin pieces, or to cut off a thin, broad piece from.
10. (v. t.) To cut into parts; to divide.
11. (v. t.) To clear by means of a slice bar, as a fire or the grate bars of a furnace.
Strong's Hebrew6400. pelach -- cleavage, a millstone...
pelach. 6401 >>. cleavage, a millstone. Transliteration: pelach Phonetic Spelling:
(peh'-lakh) Short Definition: slice
piece. From palach; a slice
-- piece. ... /hebrew/6400.htm - 6k
2757. charits -- a cut, thing cut, sharp instrument
... khaw-reets'}; from charats; properly, incisure or (passively) incised (compare
charuwts); hence, a threshing-sledge (with sharp teeth): also a slice (as cut ...
/hebrew/2757.htm - 6k
6398. palach -- to cleave
... bring forth, cleave, cut, shred, strike through. A primitive root; to slice, ie
Break open or pierce -- bring forth, cleave, cut, shred, strike through. ...
/hebrew/6398.htm - 6k
1504. gazar -- to cut, divide
... Word Origin a prim. root Definition to cut, divide NASB Word Usage cut down (1),
cut off (6), decree (1), decreed (1), divide (2), divided (1), slice off (1). ...
/hebrew/1504.htm - 6k