International Standard Bible EncyclopediaTIRE, HEADTIRE
tir (2 Kings 9:30 Isaiah 3:20 Ezekiel 24:17, 23; Judith 10:3; 16:8).
See DRESS, V.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) A tier, row, or rank. See Tier
2. (n.) Attire; apparel.
3. (n.) A covering for the head; a headdress.
4. (n.) A child's apron, covering the breast and having no sleeves; a pinafore; a tier.
5. (n.) Furniture; apparatus; equipment.
6. (n.) A hoop or band, as of metal, on the circumference of the wheel of a vehicle, to impart strength and receive the wear.
7. (v. t.) To adorn; to attire; to dress.
8. (v. i.) To seize, pull, and tear prey, as a hawk does.
9. (v. i.) To seize, rend, or tear something as prey; to be fixed upon, or engaged with, anything.
10. (v. i.) To become weary; to be fatigued; to have the strength fail; to have the patience exhausted; as, a feeble person soon tires.
11. (v. t.) To exhaust the strength of, as by toil or labor; to exhaust the patience of; to wear out (one's interest, attention, or the like); to weary; to fatigue; to jade.
Strong's Hebrew6287. p'er -- to go over the boughs...
beauty, bonnet, goodly, ornament, tire
From pa'ar; an embellishment, ie Fancy
head-dress -- beauty, bonnet, goodly, ornament, tire
. see HEBREW pa'ar. ... /hebrew/6287.htm - 5k
7720. saharon -- moon, crescent
... ornament, round tire like the moon. From the same as cahar; a round pendant for
the neck -- ornament, round tire like the moon. see HEBREW cahar. << 7719, 7720. ...
/hebrew/7720.htm - 6k
3286. yaeph -- to be weary, faint
... faint, cause to fly, be weary self. A primitive root; to tire (as if from wearisome
flight) -- faint, cause to fly, (be) weary (self). << 3285, 3286. ...
/hebrew/3286.htm - 6k
3811. laah -- to be weary or impatient
... A primitive root; to tire; (figuratively) to be (or make) disgusted -- faint, grieve,
lothe, (be, make) weary (selves). << 3810, 3811. laah. 3812 >>. ...
/hebrew/3811.htm - 6k
3021. yaga -- to toil, grow or be weary
... faint, make to labor, be weary. A primitive root; properly, to gasp; hence, to be
exhausted, to tire, to toil -- faint, (make to) labour, (be) weary. ...
/hebrew/3021.htm - 6k
3190. yatab -- to be good, well, glad, or pleasing
... do (be, make) good((-ness)), be (make) merry, please (+ well), shew more (kindness),
skilfully, X very small, surely, make sweet, thoroughly, tire, trim, very ...
/hebrew/3190.htm - 7k