Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. t.
) To diffuse; to break down; to melt into; to separate into competent parts; as, to dissolve sugar; to dissolve a company; to disorganize; to break up; hence, to bring to an end by separating the parts, sundering a relation, etc.; to terminate; to destroy; to deprive of force; as, to dissolve a partnership; to dissolve Parliament.
2. (v. t.) To break the continuity of; to disconnect; to disunite; to sunder; to loosen; to undo; to separate.
3. (v. t.) To convert into a liquid by means of heat, moisture, etc.,; to melt; to liquefy; to soften.
4. (v. t.) To solve; to clear up; to resolve.
5. (v. t.) To relax by pleasure; to make powerless.
6. (v. t.) To annul; to rescind; to discharge or release; as, to dissolve an injunction.
7. (v. i.) To waste away; to be dissipated; to be decomposed or broken up.
8. (v. i.) To become fluid; to be melted; to be liquefied.
9. (v. i.) To fade away; to fall to nothing; to lose power.
Strong's Hebrew4529. masah -- to melt, dissolve, be liquefied...
<< 4528, 4529. masah. 4530 >>. to melt, dissolve
, be liquefied. Transliteration:
masah Phonetic Spelling: (maw-saw') Short Definition: consume. Word Origin a prim ... /hebrew/4529.htm - 6k
4549. masas -- to dissolve, melt
... << 4548, 4549. masas. 4550 >>. to dissolve, melt. Transliteration: masas Phonetic
Spelling: (maw-sas') Short Definition: melt. Word Origin a prim. ...
/hebrew/4549.htm - 6k
4127. mug -- to melt
... root Definition to melt NASB Word Usage disheartened (1), dissolve (2), dissolved
(2), melt (3), melted (2), melted away (4), melts (1), soften (1). ...
/hebrew/4127.htm - 6k
4743. maqaq -- to decay, rot, fester, pine away
... consume away, be corrupt, dissolve, pine away. A primitive root; to melt;
figuratively, to flow, dwindle, vanish -- consume away, be ...
/hebrew/4743.htm - 6k
8271. shera -- to loosen, abide
... 1), solve (1), solving (1), went slack (1). begin, dissolve, dwell, loose.
(Aramaic) a root corresponding to that of sheruwth; to ...
/hebrew/8271.htm - 6k
1638. garas -- to be crushed
... break. A primitive root; to crush; also (intransitively and figuratively) to dissolve --
break. << 1637, 1638. garas. 1639 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/1638.htm - 5k
2490. chalal -- to bore, pierce
... A primitive root (compare chalah); properly, to bore, ie (by implication) to wound,
to dissolve; figuratively, to profane (a person, place or thing), to break ...
/hebrew/2490.htm - 6k
6565. parar -- to break, frustrate
... figuratively, ie To violate, frustrate -- X any ways, break (asunder), cast off,
cause to cease, X clean, defeat, disannul, disappoint, dissolve, divide, make ...
/hebrew/6565.htm - 5k