Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. t.
) To embrace, hence; to encompass.
2. (v. t.) To cut off; as with shears or scissors; as, to clip the hair; to clip coin.
3. (v. t.) To curtail; to cut short.
4. (v. i.) To move swiftly; -- usually with indefinite it.
5. (n.) An embrace.
6. (n.) A cutting; a shearing.
7. (n.) The product of a single shearing of sheep; a season's crop of wool.
8. (n.) A clasp or holder for letters, papers, etc.
9. (n.) An embracing strap for holding parts together; the iron strap, with loop, at the ends of a whiffletree.
10. (n.) A projecting flange on the upper edge of a horseshoe, turned up so as to embrace the lower part of the hoof; -- called also toe clip and beak.
11. (n.) A blow or stroke with the hand; as, he hit him a clip.
Strong's Hebrew3697. kasam -- to shear, clip...
to shear, clip
. Transliteration: kasam Phonetic Spelling: (kaw-sam') Short Definition:
root Definition to shear, clip
NASB Word Usage only trim (1). ... /hebrew/3697.htm - 6k
1639. gara -- to diminish, restrain, withdraw
... abate, clip, diminish, do take away, keep back, restrain, make small, withdraw.
A primitive root; to scrape off; by implication, to ...
/hebrew/1639.htm - 6k
1219. batsar -- to cut off, make inaccessible, enclose
... A primitive root; to clip off; specifically (as denominative from batsiyr) to gather
grapes; also to be isolated (ie Inaccessible by height or fortification ...
/hebrew/1219.htm - 6k
6990. qatat -- be cut off
... Word Origin see qot. be cut off A primitive root; to clip off, ie (figuratively)
destroy -- be cut off. << 6989, 6990. qatat. 6991 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/6990.htm - 5k
7094. qatsab -- to cut off, shear
... cut down, shorn. A primitive root; to clip, or (generally) chop -- cut down,
shorn. << 7093, 7094. qatsab. 7095 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/7094.htm - 5k
6972. quts -- summer
... Word Origin see qits. summer A primitive root; to clip off; used only as denominative
from qayits; to spend the harvest season -- summer. see HEBREW qayits. ...
/hebrew/6972.htm - 5k
7112. qatsats -- cut off
... Word Origin a prim. root Definition cut off NASB Word Usage clip (1), cut (4), cut
in pieces (1), cut in two (1), cut off (6), cuts the in two (1), pieces (1). ...
/hebrew/7112.htm - 6k