Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. t.
) To change the guise or appearance of; especially, to conceal by an unusual dress, or one intended to mislead or deceive.
2. (v. t.) To hide by a counterfeit appearance; to cloak by a false show; to mask; as, to disguise anger; to disguise one's sentiments, character, or intentions.
3. (v. t.) To affect or change by liquor; to intoxicate.
4. (n.) A dress or exterior put on for purposes of concealment or of deception; as, persons doing unlawful acts in disguise are subject to heavy penalties.
5. (n.) Artificial language or manner assumed for deception; false appearance; counterfeit semblance or show.
6. (n.) Change of manner by drink; intoxication.
7. (n.) A masque or masquerade.
Strong's Hebrew5235a. nakar -- to act or treat as foreign or strange, to disguise...
<< 5235, 5235a. nakar. 5235b >>. to act or treat as foreign or strange, to disguise
. Transliteration: nakar Short Definition: woman. ... /hebrew/5235a.htm - 5k
5235. neker -- to act or treat as foreign or strange, to disguise
... neker. 5235a >>. to act or treat as foreign or strange, to disguise. Transliteration:
neker Phonetic Spelling: (neh'-ker) Short Definition: strange. strange ...
/hebrew/5235.htm - 5k
8138. shanah -- to repeat, do again
... do speak, strike again, alter, double, be given to change, disguise, be
diverse, pervert,. A primitive root; to fold, ie Duplicate ...
/hebrew/8138.htm - 6k
2664. chaphas -- to search
... root Definition to search NASB Word Usage devise (1), disguise (2), disguised (5),
distorted (1), examine (1), hide (1), ponders (1), ransacked (1), search (6 ...
/hebrew/2664.htm - 6k
5643. cether -- a covering, hiding place, secrecy
... Definition: backbiting. backbiting, covering, covert, disguise, hiding place,
protection, secretly, Or (feminine) cithrah (Deut. 32 ...
/hebrew/5643.htm - 5k
8132. shana -- to change
... root Definition to change NASB Word Usage alter (1), beam (1), change (2), changed
(4), changing (1), different (1), disguise (1), disguised (1), given to ...
/hebrew/8132.htm - 6k
7760. sum -- to put, place, set
... and elliptically) -- X any wise, appoint, bring, call (a name), care, cast in, change,
charge, commit, consider, convey, determine, + disguise, dispose, do, get ...
/hebrew/7760.htm - 7k