Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) A syllable attached to the first tone of the major diatonic scale for the purpose of solemnization, or solfeggio. It is the first of the seven syllables used by the Italians as manes of musical tones, and replaced, for the sake of euphony, the syllable Ut, applied to the note C. In England and America the same syllables are used by mane as a scale pattern, while the tones in respect to absolute pitch are named from the first seven letters of the alphabet.
2. (v. t. / auxiliary) To place; to put.
3. (v. t. / auxiliary) To cause; to make; -- with an infinitive.
4. (v. t. / auxiliary) To bring about; to produce, as an effect or result; to effect; to achieve.
5. (v. t. / auxiliary) To perform, as an action; to execute; to transact to carry out in action; as, to do a good or a bad act; do our duty; to do what I can.
6. (v. t. / auxiliary) To bring to an end by action; to perform completely; to finish; to accomplish; -- a sense conveyed by the construction, which is that of the past participle done.
7. (v. t. / auxiliary) To make ready for an object, purpose, or use, as food by cooking; to cook completely or sufficiently; as, the meat is done on one side only.
8. (v. t. / auxiliary) To put or bring into a form, state, or condition, especially in the phrases, to do death, to put to death; to slay; to do away (often do away with), to put away; to remove; to do on, to put on; to don; to do off, to take off, as dress; to doff; to do into, to put into the form of; to translate or transform into, as a text.
9. (v. t. / auxiliary) To cheat; to gull; to overreach.
10. (v. t. / auxiliary) To see or inspect; to explore; as, to do all the points of interest.
11. (v. t. / auxiliary) To cash or to advance money for, as a bill or note.
12. (v. i.) To act or behave in any manner; to conduct one's self.
13. (v. i.) To fare; to be, as regards health; as, they asked him how he did; how do you do to-day?
14. (v. i.) To succeed; to avail; to answer the purpose; to serve; as, if no better plan can be found, he will make this do.
15. (n.) Deed; act; fear.
16. (n.) Ado; bustle; stir; to do.
17. (n.) A cheat; a swindle.
Strong's Hebrew6213a. asah -- do, make...
<< 6213, 6213a. asah. 6213b >>. do
, make. Transliteration: asah Short Definition: do
. Word Origin a prim. root Definition do
, make NASB ... /hebrew/6213a.htm - 8k
8138. shanah -- to repeat, do again
... << 8137, 8138. shanah. 8139 >>. to repeat, do again. Transliteration: shanah Phonetic
Spelling: (shaw-naw') Short Definition: time. Word Origin a prim. ...
/hebrew/8138.htm - 6k
5648. abad -- to make, do
... << 5647, 5648. abad. 5649 >>. to make, do. Transliteration: abad Phonetic Spelling:
(ab-bad') Short Definition: done. ... cut, do, execute, go on, make, move, work. ...
/hebrew/5648.htm - 6k
6466. paal -- do, make
... << 6465, 6466. paal. 6467 >>. do, make. Transliteration: paal Phonetic Spelling:
(paw-al') Short Definition: do. Word Origin a prim. ...
/hebrew/6466.htm - 6k
8027. shalash -- to do a third time, divide into three parts
... << 8026b, 8027. shalash. 8028 >>. to do a third time, divide into three parts.
Transliteration: shalash Phonetic Spelling: (shaw-lash') Short Definition: old. ...
/hebrew/8027.htm - 6k
2644. chapha -- to do secretly
... << 2643, 2644. chapha. 2645 >>. to do secretly. Transliteration: chapha Phonetic
Spelling: (khaw-faw') Short Definition: secret. Word Origin a prim. ... do secretly. ...
/hebrew/2644.htm - 6k
6213. asah -- do, make
... << 6212b, 6213. asah. 6213a >>. do, make. Transliteration: asah Phonetic
Spelling: (aw-saw') Short Definition: accomplish. accomplish ...
/hebrew/6213.htm - 6k
4827. mera -- do mischief
... << 4826, 4827. mera. 4828 >>. do mischief. Transliteration: mera Phonetic Spelling:
(may-rah') Short Definition: mischief. Word Origin from raa, qv. do mischief ...
/hebrew/4827.htm - 5k
5457. segid -- to do homage
... << 5456, 5457. segid. 5458 >>. to do homage. Transliteration: segid Phonetic
Spelling: (seg-eed') Short Definition: worship. Word Origin ...
/hebrew/5457.htm - 6k
5753b. avah -- to commit iniquity, do wrong
... << 5753a, 5753b. avah. 5754 >>. to commit iniquity, do wrong. Transliteration:
avah Short Definition: iniquity. Word Origin denominative ...
/hebrew/5753b.htm - 5k