Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) The fleshy or muscular part of the side of an animal, between the ribs and the hip.
2. (n.) The side of an army, or of any division of an army, as of a brigade, regiment, or battalion; the extreme right or left; as, to attack an enemy in flank is to attack him on the side.
3. (n.) That part of a bastion which reaches from the curtain to the face, and defends the curtain, the flank and face of the opposite bastion; any part of a work defending another by a fire along the outside of its parapet.
4. (n.) The side of any building.
5. (n.) That part of the acting surface of a gear wheel tooth that lies within the pitch line.
6. (v. t.) To stand at the flank or side of; to border upon.
7. (v. t.) To overlook or command the flank of; to secure or guard the flank of; to pass around or turn the flank of; to attack, or threaten to attack; the flank of.
8. (v. i.) To border; to touch.
9. (v. i.) To be posted on the side.
Strong's Hebrew3411. yerekah -- flank, side, extreme parts, recesses...
yerekah. 3412 >>. flank
, side, extreme parts, recesses. Transliteration: yerekah
Phonetic Spelling: (yer-ay-kaw') Short Definition: rear. Word Origin fem. ... /hebrew/3411.htm - 6k
3689. kesel -- loins, stupidity, confidence
... thighs (1). confidence, flank, folly, hope, loin. From kacal; properly, fatness,
ie By implication (literally) the loin (as the seat ...
/hebrew/3689.htm - 6k
3409. yarek -- thigh, loin, side, base
... The generative parts; figuratively, a shank, flank, side -- X body, loins, shaft,
side, thigh. << 3408, 3409. yarek. 3410 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/3409.htm - 6k
3802. katheph -- shoulder, shoulder blade, side
... Word Origin of uncertain derivation Definition shoulder, shoulder blade, side NASB
Word Usage backs (1), flank (1), hands (1), next (1), shoulder (19 ...
/hebrew/3802.htm - 6k