International Standard Bible EncyclopediaPENDANT
pen'-dant (from French from Latin pendeo, "to hang"): Not in the King James Version. Twice in the Revised Version (British and American).
(1) netiphoth (the King James Version "collars"), ornaments of the Midianites captured by Gideon (Judges 8:26).
(2) netiphoth (the King James Version "chains"), an article of feminine apparel (Isaiah 3:19). The reference seems to be (Cheyne, "Isaiah" Polychrome Bible (HDB, III, 739)) to ear-drops, pearl or gold ornaments resembling a drop of Water, fastened, probably, to the lobe of the ear.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) Something which hangs or depends; a hanging appendage, especially one of an ornamental character; as to a chandelier or an eardrop; also, an appendix or addition, as to a book.
2. (n.) A hanging ornament on roofs, ceilings, etc., much used in the later styles of Gothic architecture, where it is of stone, and an important part of the construction. There are imitations in plaster and wood, which are mere decorative features.
3. (n.) One of a pair; a counterpart; as, one vase is the pendant to the other vase.
4. (n.) A pendulum.
5. (n.) The stem and ring of a watch, by which it is suspended.
Strong's Hebrew5188. netiphah -- a drop, pendant...
<< 5187, 5188. netiphah. 5189 >>. a drop, pendant
. Transliteration: netiphah
Phonetic Spelling: (net-ee-faw') Short Definition: earrings. ... /hebrew/5188.htm - 6k
6060. anaq -- a necklace, neck pendant
... << 6059, 6060. anaq. 6061 >>. a necklace, neck pendant. Transliteration:
anaq Phonetic Spelling: (aw-nawk') Short Definition: bands. ...
/hebrew/6060.htm - 6k
7720. saharon -- moon, crescent
... ornament, round tire like the moon. From the same as cahar; a round pendant for
the neck -- ornament, round tire like the moon. see HEBREW cahar. << 7719, 7720. ...
/hebrew/7720.htm - 6k