Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. t.
) To array.
2. (v. t.) To mark, stain, or soil; to streak; to defile.
3. (n.) Array; order; arrangement; dress.
4. (n.) One of a number of lines or parts diverging from a common point or center, like the radii of a circle; as, a star of six rays.
5. (n.) A radiating part of a flower or plant; the marginal florets of a compound flower, as an aster or a sunflower; one of the pedicels of an umbel or other circular flower cluster; radius. See Radius.
6. (n.) One of the radiating spines, or cartilages, supporting the fins of fishes.
7. (n.) One of the spheromeres of a radiate, especially one of the arms of a starfish or an ophiuran.
8. (n.) A line of light or heat proceeding from a radiant or reflecting point; a single element of light or heat propagated continuously; as, a solar ray; a polarized ray.
9. (n.) One of the component elements of the total radiation from a body; any definite or limited portion of the spectrum; as, the red ray; the violet ray.
10. (n.) Sight; perception; vision; -- from an old theory of vision, that sight was something which proceeded from the eye to the object seen.
11. (n.) One of a system of diverging lines passing through a point, and regarded as extending indefinitely in both directions. See Half-ray.
12. (n.) To mark with long lines; to streak.
13. (n.) To send forth or shoot out; to cause to shine out; as, to ray smiles.
14. (v. i.) To shine, as with rays.
15. (n.) Any one of numerous elasmobranch fishes of the order Raiae, including the skates, torpedoes, sawfishes, etc.
16. (n.) In a restricted sense, any of the broad, flat, narrow-tailed species, as the skates and sting rays. See Skate.
Strong's Hebrew7453. rea -- friend, companion, fellow
rea or rea. << 7452, 7453. rea or rea. 7454 >>. friend, companion, fellow.
Transliteration: rea or rea Phonetic Spelling: (ray
'-ah) Short Definition: neighbor. ... /hebrew/7453.htm - 6k
6981. Qore -- "crier," two Levites
... << 6980, 6981. Qore. 6982 >>. "crier," two Levites. Transliteration: Qore Phonetic
Spelling: (ko-ray') Short Definition: Kore. Word Origin ...
/hebrew/6981.htm - 6k
7381. reyach -- to smell, perceive odor
... << 7380, 7381. reyach. 7381a >>. to smell, perceive odor. Transliteration: reyach
Phonetic Spelling: (ray'-akh) Short Definition: savour. savour, scent, smell ...
/hebrew/7381.htm - 5k
3373. yare -- afraid, fearful
... << 3372b, 3373. yare. 3374 >>. afraid, fearful. Transliteration: yare Phonetic Spelling:
(yaw-ray') Short Definition: afraid. Word Origin the same as yare, qv. ...
/hebrew/3373.htm - 5k
3394. yareach -- moon
... << 3393, 3394. yareach. 3395 >>. moon. Transliteration: yareach Phonetic
Spelling: (yaw-ray'-akh) Short Definition: moon. Word Origin ...
/hebrew/3394.htm - 6k
7382. reach -- a smell
... << 7381b, 7382. reach. 7383 >>. a smell. Transliteration: reach Phonetic Spelling:
(ray'-akh) Short Definition: smell. Word Origin (Aramaic ...
/hebrew/7382.htm - 6k
4095. madregah -- steep place, a steep
... << 4094b, 4095. madregah. 4096 >>. steep place, a steep. Transliteration: madregah
Phonetic Spelling: (mad-ray-gaw') Short Definition: pathway. ...
/hebrew/4095.htm - 6k
4828. merea -- friend, companion
... << 4827, 4828. merea. 4829 >>. friend, companion. Transliteration: merea Phonetic
Spelling: (may-ray'-ah) Short Definition: companion. ...
/hebrew/4828.htm - 6k
7225. reshith -- beginning, chief
... << 7224, 7225. reshith. 7226 >>. beginning, chief. Transliteration: reshith
Phonetic Spelling: (ray-sheeth') Short Definition: beginning. ...
/hebrew/7225.htm - 6k
7143. Qareach -- "bald one," a man of Judah
... << 7142, 7143. Qareach. 7144 >>. "bald one," a man of Judah. Transliteration: Qareach
Phonetic Spelling: (kaw-ray'-akh) Short Definition: Kareah. ...
/hebrew/7143.htm - 6k