Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
2. (n.) Trial by sample; assay; sample; specimen; smack.
3. (n.) Tried quality; temper; proof.
4. (n.) Essay; trial; attempt.
5. (v. t.) To try; to assay.
6. (n.) A kind of silk or satin.
7. (n.) A delicate kind of serge, or woolen cloth.
8. (v. t.) To utter or express in words; to tell; to speak; to declare; as, he said many wise things.
9. (v. t.) To repeat; to rehearse; to recite; to pronounce; as, to say a lesson.
10. (v. t.) To announce as a decision or opinion; to state positively; to assert; hence, to form an opinion upon; to be sure about; to be determined in mind as to.
11. (v. t.) To mention or suggest as an estimate, hypothesis, or approximation; hence, to suppose; -- in the imperative, followed sometimes by the subjunctive; as, he had, say fifty thousand dollars; the fox had run, say ten miles.
12. (v. i.) To speak; to express an opinion; to make answer; to reply.
13. (n.) A speech; something said; an expression of opinion; a current story; a maxim or proverb.
Strong's Hebrew559. amar -- to utter, say...
<< 558, 559. amar. 560 >>. to utter, say
. Transliteration: amar Phonetic Spelling:
(aw-mar') Short Definition: said. Word Origin a prim. ... /hebrew/559.htm - 7k
560. amar -- to say, tell, command
... << 559, 560. amar. 561 >>. to say, tell, command. Transliteration: amar Phonetic
Spelling: (am-ar') Short Definition: said. ... command, declare, say, speak, tell. ...
/hebrew/560.htm - 6k
4448. malal -- to speak, utter, say
... << 4447, 4448. malal. 4448a >>. to speak, utter, say. Transliteration: malal Phonetic
Spelling: (maw-lal') Short Definition: say. say, speak, utter ...
/hebrew/4448.htm - 5k
4449. melal -- to speak, say
... << 4448d, 4449. melal. 4450 >>. to speak, say. Transliteration: melal Phonetic
Spelling: (mel-al') Short Definition: uttering. ... say, speaking. ...
/hebrew/4449.htm - 6k
4448a. malal -- to speak, utter, say
... malal. 4448b >>. to speak, utter, say. Transliteration: malal Short Definition:
speak. ... root Definition to speak, utter, say NASB Word Usage say (1), speak (2). ...
/hebrew/4448a.htm - 5k
4405. millah -- a word, speech, utterance
... Word Origin from malal Definition a word, speech, utterance NASB Word Usage answer*
(1), anything to say (1), byword (1), said (1), speaking (1), speech (5 ...
/hebrew/4405.htm - 6k
6310. peh -- mouth
... to the other (1), one end to another (1), opening (11), parts (1), portion (2),
promised* (1), proportion (5), proportionate (2), said* (1), say (1), settled ...
/hebrew/6310.htm - 7k
3678. kisse -- seat of honor, throne
... << 3677, 3678. kisse or kisseh. 3679 >>. seat of honor, throne. Transliteration:
kisse or kisseh Phonetic Spelling: (kis-say') Short Definition: throne. ...
/hebrew/3678.htm - 6k
5001. naam -- to utter a prophecy, speak as a prophet
... say. A primitive root; properly, to whisper, ie (by implication) to utter as a
oracle -- say. << 5000, 5001. naam. 5002 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/5001.htm - 6k
1696. dabar -- to speak
... 3), preached (1), proclaimed (2), promised (34), promising (1), pronounce (3),
pronounced (6), proposal (1), repeated (2), said (50), say (18), saying (1 ...
/hebrew/1696.htm - 6k