Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) The state of not having; the condition of being without anything; absence or scarcity of what is needed or desired; deficiency; lack; as, a want of power or knowledge for any purpose; want of food and clothing.
2. (v. i.) Specifically, absence or lack of necessaries; destitution; poverty; penury; indigence; need.
3. (v. i.) That which is needed or desired; a thing of which the loss is felt; what is not possessed, and is necessary for use or pleasure.
4. (n.) A depression in coal strata, hollowed out before the subsequent deposition took place.
5. (v. t.) To be without; to be destitute of, or deficient in; not to have; to lack; as, to want knowledge; to want judgment; to want learning; to want food and clothing.
6. (v. t.) To have occasion for, as useful, proper, or requisite; to require; to need; as, in winter we want a fire; in summer we want cooling breezes.
7. (v. t.) To feel need of; to wish or long for; to desire; to crave.
8. (v. i.) To be absent; to be deficient or lacking; to fail; not to be sufficient; to fall or come short; to lack; -- often used impersonally with of; as, it wants ten minutes of four.
9. (v. i.) To be in a state of destitution; to be needy; to lack.
Strong's Hebrew2639. cheser -- want, poverty...
<< 2638, 2639. cheser. 2640 >>. want
, poverty. Transliteration: cheser Phonetic
Spelling: (kheh'-ler) Short Definition: want
. Word Origin ... /hebrew/2639.htm - 6k
2638. chaser -- needy, lacking, in want of
... needy, lacking, in want of. Transliteration: chaser Phonetic Spelling: (khaw-sare')
Short Definition: lacks. ... destitute, fail, lack, have need, void, want. ...
/hebrew/2638.htm - 6k
2640. choser -- want, lack
... want, lack. Transliteration: choser Phonetic Spelling: (kho'-ser) Short Definition:
lack. Word Origin from chaser Definition want, lack NASB Word Usage lack (3) ...
/hebrew/2640.htm - 6k
34. ebyon -- in want, needy, poor
... << 33, 34. ebyon. 35 >>. in want, needy, poor. Transliteration: ebyon Phonetic
Spelling: (eb-yone') Short Definition: needy. Word Origin ...
/hebrew/34.htm - 6k
7326. rush -- to be in want or poor
... << 7325, 7326. rush. 7327 >>. to be in want or poor. Transliteration: rush Phonetic
Spelling: (roosh) Short Definition: poor. Word Origin a prim. ...
/hebrew/7326.htm - 6k
2637. chaser -- to lack, need, be lacking, decrease
... 2), depriving (1), empty (1), have...lack (1), lack (2), lacked (2), lacking (4),
lacks (2), made him a lower (1), need (1), scarce (1), want (3), withhold (1 ...
/hebrew/2637.htm - 6k
4270. machsor -- a need, thing needed, poverty
... machsor or machsor. 4271 >>. a need, thing needed, poverty. Transliteration: machsor
or machsor Phonetic Spelling: (makh-sore') Short Definition: want. ...
/hebrew/4270.htm - 6k
2308. chadal -- to cease
... flabby, ie (by implication) desist; (figuratively) be lacking or idle -- cease,
end, fall, forbear, forsake, leave (off), let alone, rest, be unoccupied, want. ...
/hebrew/2308.htm - 6k
3808. lo -- not
... thing)), (X as though...,(can-), for) not (out of), of nought, otherwise, out of, +
surely, + as truly as, + of a truth, + verily, for want, + whether, without ...
/hebrew/3808.htm - 7k
3423. yarash -- to take possession of, inherit, dispossess
... 1), take over (1), take possession (19), take possession of his possessors (1),
taken possession (2), takes possession (1), took possession (8), want (1). ...
/hebrew/3423.htm - 7k