Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) A garment; clothing; especially, an upper or outer garment.
2. (n.) An article of dress worn in token of grief; a mourning garment or badge; as, he wore a weed on his hat; especially, in the plural, mourning garb, as of a woman; as, a widow's weeds.
3. (n.) A sudden illness or relapse, often attended with fever, which attacks women in childbed.
4. (n.) Underbrush; low shrubs.
5. (n.) Any plant growing in cultivated ground to the injury of the crop or desired vegetation, or to the disfigurement of the place; an unsightly, useless, or injurious plant.
6. (n.) Fig.: Something unprofitable or troublesome; anything useless.
7. (n.) An animal unfit to breed from.
8. (n.) Tobacco, or a cigar.
9. (v. t.) To free from noxious plants; to clear of weeds; as, to weed corn or onions; to weed a garden.
10. (v. t.) To take away, as noxious plants; to remove, as something hurtful; to extirpate.
11. (v. t.) To free from anything hurtful or offensive.
12. (v. t.) To reject as unfit for breeding purposes.
Strong's Hebrew2738. charul -- (a kind of weed), perhaps chickpea...
<< 2737, 2738. charul. 2739 >>. (a kind of weed
), perhaps chickpea. Transliteration:
charul Phonetic Spelling: (khaw-rool') Short Definition: nettles. ... /hebrew/2738.htm - 6k
5488. suph -- reeds, rushes
... flag, Red sea, weed. Probably of Egyptian origin; a reed, especially the papyrus --
flag, Red (sea), weed. Compare Cuwph. see HEBREW Cuwph. << 5487, 5488. ...
/hebrew/5488.htm - 6k
890. boshah -- stinking or noxious weeds
... cockle. Feminine of b'osh; stink-weed or any other noxious or useless plant -- cockle.
see HEBREW b'osh. << 889, 890. boshah. 891 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/890.htm - 6k