Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. t.
) To turn round rapidly; to cause to rotate with velocity; to make to revolve.
2. (v. t.) To remove or carry quickly with, or as with, a revolving motion; to snatch; to harry.
3. (v. i.) To be turned round rapidly; to move round with velocity; to revolve or rotate with great speed; to gyrate.
4. (v. i.) To move hastily or swiftly.
5. (n.) A turning with rapidity or velocity; rapid rotation or circumvolution; quick gyration; rapid or confusing motion; as, the whirl of a top; the whirl of a wheel.
6. (v. t.) Anything that moves with a whirling motion.
7. (n.) A revolving hook used in twisting, as the hooked spindle of a rope machine, to which the threads to be twisted are attached.
8. (n.) A whorl. See Whorl.
Strong's Hebrew2342a. chul -- to whirl, dance, writhe
chul or chil. << 2342, 2342a. chul or chil. 2342b >>. to whirl
, dance, writhe.
Transliteration: chul or chil Short Definition: anguish. Word Origin a prim. ... /hebrew/2342a.htm - 6k
2342. chuwl -- to whirl, dance, writhe
... << 2341, 2342. chuwl. 2342a >>. to whirl, dance, writhe. Transliteration: chuwl
Phonetic Spelling: (khool) Short Definition: bear. bear ...
/hebrew/2342.htm - 6k
1534. galgal -- a wheel, whirl, whirlwind
... << 1533, 1534. galgal. 1535 >>. a wheel, whirl, whirlwind. Transliteration:
galgal Phonetic Spelling: (gal-gal') Short Definition: wheels. ...
/hebrew/1534.htm - 6k
8175a. saar -- to sweep or whirl away
... << 8175, 8175a. saar. 8175b >>. to sweep or whirl away. Transliteration: saar
Short Definition: whirlwind. Word Origin a prim. root Definition ...
/hebrew/8175a.htm - 5k
8175. sa'ar -- to sweep or whirl away
sa'ar. << 8174b, 8175. sa'ar. 8175a >>. to sweep or whirl away. Transliteration:
sa'ar Phonetic Spelling: (saw-ar') Short Definition: afraid. ...
/hebrew/8175.htm - 5k
5437. sabab -- to turn about, go around, surround
... bring, cast, fetch, lead, make, walk, whirl, round about,. A primitive root;
to revolve, surround, or border; used in various applications ...
/hebrew/5437.htm - 7k
1980. halak -- to go, come, walk
... spread, still, surely, + tale-bearer, + travel(-ler), walk (abroad, on, to and fro,
up and down, to places), wander, wax, (way-)faring man, X be weak, whirl. ...
/hebrew/1980.htm - 8k
7307. ruach -- breath, wind, spirit
... its expression and functions) -- air, anger, blast, breath, X cool, courage, mind,
X quarter, X side, spirit((-ual)), tempest, X vain, ((whirl-))wind(-y). ...
/hebrew/7307.htm - 6k
3769. karar -- to dance
... root Definition to dance NASB Word Usage dancing (2). dancing. A primitive root;
to dance (ie Whirl) -- dance(-ing). << 3768, 3769. karar. 3770 >>. ...
/hebrew/3769.htm - 5k