Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) Any substance used for making bodies adhere to each other, as mortar, glue, etc.
2. (n.) A kind of calcined limestone, or a calcined mixture of clay and lime, for making mortar which will harden under water.
3. (n.) The powder used in cementation. See Cementation.
4. (n.) Bond of union; that which unites firmly, as persons in friendship, or men in society.
5. (n.) The layer of bone investing the root and neck of a tooth; -- called also cementum.
6. (n.) To unite or cause to adhere by means of a cement.
7. (n.) To unite firmly or closely.
8. (n.) To overlay or coat with cement; as, to cement a cellar bottom.
9. (v. i.) To become cemented or firmly united; to cohere.
Strong's Hebrew4423. melet -- mortar, cement...
<< 4422, 4423. melet. 4424 >>. mortar, cement
. Transliteration: melet Phonetic
Spelling: (meh'-let) Short Definition: mortar. ... cement
, clay. ... /hebrew/4423.htm - 6k
2563a. chomer -- cement, mortar, clay
... << 2563, 2563a. chomer. 2563b >>. cement, mortar, clay. Transliteration: chomer
Short Definition: clay. Word Origin from chamar Definition ...
/hebrew/2563a.htm - 5k
2563. chomer -- cement, mortar, clay
... << 2562, 2563. chomer. 2563a >>. cement, mortar, clay. Transliteration: chomer Phonetic
Spelling: (kho'mer) Short Definition: clay. clay, heap, homer, mire, motion ...
/hebrew/2563.htm - 5k