Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) Rennet. See Reed
2. (imp. & p. p.) of Read.
3. (v. t.) To advise; to counsel.
4. (v. t.) To interpret; to explain; as, to read a riddle.
5. (v. t.) To tell; to declare; to recite.
6. (v. t.) To go over, as characters or words, and utter aloud, or recite to one's self inaudibly; to take in the sense of, as of language, by interpreting the characters with which it is expressed; to peruse; as, to read a discourse; to read the letters of an alphabet; to read figures; to read the notes of music, or to read music; to read a book.
7. (v. t.) Hence, to know fully; to comprehend.
8. (v. t.) To discover or understand by characters, marks, features, etc.; to learn by observation.
9. (v. t.) To make a special study of, as by perusing textbooks; as, to read theology or law.
10. (v. i.) To give advice or counsel.
11. (v. i.) To tell; to declare.
12. (v. i.) To perform the act of reading; to peruse, or to go over and utter aloud, the words of a book or other like document.
13. (v. i.) To study by reading; as, he read for the bar.
14. (v. i.) To learn by reading.
15. (v. i.) To appear in writing or print; to be expressed by, or consist of, certain words or characters; as, the passage reads thus in the early manuscripts.
16. (v. i.) To produce a certain effect when read; as, that sentence reads queerly.
17. (v. t.) Saying; sentence; maxim; hence, word; advice; counsel. See Rede.
18. (v.) Reading.
19. (v.) imp. & p. p. of Read, v. t. & i.
20. (a.) Instructed or knowing by reading; versed in books; learned.
Strong's Hebrew7123. qera -- to call, read out or aloud...
<< 7122, 7123. qera. 7124 >>. to call, read
out or aloud. Transliteration:
qera Phonetic Spelling: (ker-aw') Short Definition: read
. ... /hebrew/7123.htm - 6k
7121. qara -- to call, proclaim, read
... << 7120, 7121. qara. 7122 >>. to call, proclaim, read. Transliteration: qara Phonetic
Spelling: (kaw-raw') Short Definition: call. Word Origin a prim. ...
/hebrew/7121.htm - 7k
3045. yada -- to know
... notice (2), observe (2), perceive (1), perceived (1), possibly know (1), predict
(1), professional mourners (1), provided (1), raped (1), read* (1), realize (1 ...
/hebrew/3045.htm - 8k
5612. sepher -- a missive, document, writing, book
... books (2), certificate (3), deed (6), deeds (3), illiterate* (1), indictment (1),
letter (14), letters (15), literate* (1), literature (2), read* (1), scroll (6 ...
/hebrew/5612.htm - 6k