Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
1. (v. i.
) To roll over, or to and fro; to throw one's self about; as, a person on pain tumbles and tosses.
2. (v. i.) To roll down; to fall suddenly and violently; to be precipitated; as, to tumble from a scaffold.
3. (v. i.) To play tricks by various movements and contortions of the body; to perform the feats of an acrobat.
4. (v. t.) To turn over; to turn or throw about, as for examination or search; to roll or move in a rough, coarse, or unceremonious manner; to throw down or headlong; to precipitate; -- sometimes with over, about, etc.; as, to tumble books or papers.
5. (v. t.) To disturb; to rumple; as, to tumble a bed.
6. (n.) Act of tumbling, or rolling over; a fall.
Strong's Hebrew5287. naar -- to shake, shake out or off...
A primitive root (probably identical with na'ar, through the idea of the rustling
of mane, which usually accompanies the lion's roar); to tumble
about -- shake ... /hebrew/5287.htm - 6k
4355. makak -- to be low or humiliated
... be brought low, decay. A primitive root; to tumble (in ruins); figuratively, to
perish -- be brought low, decay. << 4354, 4355. makak. 4356 >>. Strong's Numbers
/hebrew/4355.htm - 6k
7481. raam -- to thunder
... A primitive root; to tumble, ie Be violently agitated; specifically, to crash (of
thunder); figuratively, to irritate (with anger) -- make to fret, roar ...
/hebrew/7481.htm - 6k
6749. tsalal -- to sink, be submerged
... sink. A primitive root; properly, to tumble down, ie Settle by a waving motion --
sink. Compare tsalal, tsalal. see HEBREW tsalal. see HEBREW tsalal. ...
/hebrew/6749.htm - 6k
2015. haphak -- to turn, overturn
... to change, overturn, return, pervert -- X become, change, come, be converted, give,
make (a bed), overthrow (-turn), perverse, retire, tumble, turn (again ...
/hebrew/2015.htm - 6k