Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) The act of following or pursuing, as game; pursuit.
2. (n.) The act of suing; the process by which one endeavors to gain an end or an object; an attempt to attain a certain result; pursuit; endeavor.
3. (n.) The act of wooing in love; the solicitation of a woman in marriage; courtship.
4. (n.) The attempt to gain an end by legal process; an action or process for the recovery of a right or claim; legal application to a court for justice; prosecution of right before any tribunal; as, a civil suit; a criminal suit; a suit in chancery.
5. (n.) That which follows as a retinue; a company of attendants or followers; the assembly of persons who attend upon a prince, magistrate, or other person of distinction; -- often written suite, and pronounced swat.
6. (n.) Things that follow in a series or succession; the individual objects, collectively considered, which constitute a series, as of rooms, buildings, compositions, etc.; -- often written suite, and pronounced swat.
7. (n.) A number of things used together, and generally necessary to be united in order to answer their purpose; a number of things ordinarily classed or used together; a set; as, a suit of curtains; a suit of armor; a suit of clothes.
8. (n.) One of the four sets of cards which constitute a pack; -- each set consisting of thirteen cards bearing a particular emblem, as hearts, spades, cubs, or diamonds.
9. (n.) Regular order; succession.
10. (v. t.) To fit; to adapt; to make proper or suitable; as, to suit the action to the word.
11. (v. t.) To be fitted to; to accord with; to become; to befit.
12. (v. t.) To dress; to clothe.
13. (v. t.) To please; to make content; as, he is well suited with his place; to suit one's taste.
14. (v. i.) To agree; to accord; to be fitted; to correspond; -- usually followed by with or to.
Strong's Hebrew6187. erek -- an order, row, estimate...
Word Origin from arak Definition an order, row, estimate NASB Word Usage arrangement
(1), assessment (1), equal (1), frame (1), suit
(1), valuation (25), value ... /hebrew/6187.htm - 6k
7379. rib -- strife, dispute
... 1), contentions (3), controversy (1), dispute (11), disputes (1), indictment (1),
lawsuit (1), plea (1), plead his case (1), quarrel (2), strife (13), suit (2 ...
/hebrew/7379.htm - 6k
4254. machalatsah -- robe of state
... changeable suit of apparel, change of raiment. From chalats; a mantle (as easily
drawn off) -- changeable suit of apparel, change of raiment. see HEBREW chalats ...
/hebrew/4254.htm - 6k
1700. dibrah -- a cause, reason, manner
... cause, end, estate, order, regard. Feminine of dabar; a reason, suit or style --
cause, end, estate, order, regard. see HEBREW dabar. << 1699b, 1700. ...
/hebrew/1700.htm - 6k
1779. din -- judgment
... cause, judgment, plea, strife. From diyn; judgement (the suit, justice, sentence
or tribunal); by impl. Also strife -- cause, judgement, plea, strife. ...
/hebrew/1779.htm - 6k
4941. mishpat -- judgment
... especially a sentence or formal decree (human or (participant's) divine law, individual
or collective), including the act, the place, the suit, the crime, and ...
/hebrew/4941.htm - 7k
749. arak -- fitting, proper
... be meet. (Aramaic) properly, corresponding to 'arak, but used only in the sense
of reaching to a given point; to suit -- be meet. see HEBREW 'arak. << 748, 749. ...
/hebrew/749.htm - 6k
3426. yesh -- being, substance, existence, is
... entity; used adverbially or as a copula for the substantive verb (hayah); there
is or are (or any other form of the verb to be, as may suit the connection ...
/hebrew/3426.htm - 6k
2470. chalah -- to be weak or sick
... grief, be grieved, (be) grievous, infirmity, intreat, lay to, put to pain, X pray,
make prayer, be (fall, make) sick, sore, be sorry, make suit (X supplication ...
/hebrew/2470.htm - 6k